Honda CB125 TD Superdream Restoration

The trials and tribulations experienced by a complete beginner whilst restoring an early 1980's 125cc Honda Superdream.

Friday 15 January 2010

Fork restoration - part 2 - painting the legs

For the first part of the fork restoration go here: Fork restoration part-1 stripping them

The surface of the fork legs was looking very corroded. We decided that it was best to sand blast the legs to get all crap off them and then paint them back up. Andy fired up the compressor, got some sand and blasted the legs. Sadly I don't have any pictures of them after they were blasted but I do have one showing them being painted:



 (that's my parents garage aka Andy's spay booth)

and a little closer:



covered in primer drying off.

Once they were dry, we sanded them down with some fine (1200) wet and dry paper to get all the rough edges off them (thanks for your help James). They were then ready for the next stage of paint. Andy had some nice silver paint which I think is normally used on alloy wheels. It's a nice colour, works well on alloy and is pretty tough stuff so that went on in a number of coats.

Top job in the spay booth Andy!

After a couple coats of clear and this is what they looked like:

I know I am biased but I think they look fantastic. Stanchions next....

No comments:

Post a Comment